As you can all imagine, I'm getting calls and emails, so let me clear it up: Yes, San Francisco Newspaper Co. has bought SF Weekly.
Yes, Todd Vogt is the co-owner of the Examiner, Guardian and now Weekly, but for the record, I am the editor and publisher of the Guardian.
No, there are no plans to merge the two weeklies or consolidate them or combine the editorial staffs. We will continue to do our best to be the progressive voice of San Francisco; the Weekly, I assume, will continue to do its own different thing.
And no, this doesn't mean that I'm going to suddenly be BFFs with Joe Eskenazi. We have our view of things; he has his. I fervently believe that we will continue to disagree, and the city will be served by the ongoing debate. (Unless Joe comes to his senses and realizes that I'm always right.)
Most Commented On
- Here we go again, tilting at - May 20, 2013
- If you are a progressive, then you will tend to know - May 20, 2013
- The rich do pay more tax. Far, far more even under the - May 20, 2013
- But it's humans who want to see greater profits because - May 20, 2013
- When even a majority of gays in the Castro want the nudity ban, - May 20, 2013
- It's hard not to see what is going on the streets of the - May 20, 2013
- You think a third hand anecdote is a more reliable indicator - May 20, 2013
- Greg gets his anti-Chinese rant in, even on a topic like B2B - May 20, 2013
- Greg, I'm talking more about the Bay Area than San Francisco. - May 20, 2013
- So you love rent control, hate Prop13 and yet do not see the - May 20, 2013